Summer's coming up. I'll be working a lot, but overall I'll have a lot of time to do crafty things. I've got a bunch of ideas already and should make a list before I forget anything. Also, a list might help me not to plan for too much. Maybe.
Without further ado, I present:
Things I Want to Make/Do/Create/Craft This Summer
- My very own, unique comforter. All I need is a few yards of fabric, enough space to lay things out, the patience to sew it all together and some batting. And I so desperately want a new comforter. And this way I don't have to spend $80+ on something I really want.
- Write up pattern (and make) very own, cute as hell tank top. I need to find the right yarn for it, but I'm confident that I'll make something really awesome.
- Finish that Filet Project. It was supposed to be a Christmas present, then a birthday present, then a Mother's day present, but at this point it's going to be a "whenever I get it done" present. It should be really awesome when it's done, though.
- Friendship Afghan Squares. I'm participating in a 12" granny square exchange sort of thing, so I've got to make 25 (or so) 12" granny squares by mid-June. Hopefully I'll be getting some of the yarn for that tonight. Then when I get all of the other ones to assemble from the other participants, I'll make a pillowghan! And all will rejoice.
- Handmade Christmas gifts, perhaps? Wouldn't that be great if I didn't have to do any handmade gifts during fall for Christmas? I don't know what I'd make for everyone, but I'll think about it.